Baby & Toddler Group
(Parent and Toddler Group)
For parents/carers with children under 5
St. Mark’s Baby and Toddler Group is run by members of St. Mark’s Church. However, we aim to welcome every one, whatever their age, relationship to the child, culture, religious background, colour, gender or disability.
Mondays in Term Time - £2.00 per family per session plus 50p for each extra child – Further information: 023 8063 6425
We provide a variety of toys and activities each week.
Tea/coffee is provided for the adults before the children’s snack time – last orders 10.15am.
We provide milk/water and fruit/healthy snacks for the children.
We have regular visits from the Children’s Information Service and a professional photographer. We hold a Christmas Party and Teddy Bears Picnic.
We welcome your feedback with any concerns or suggestions about how we can do things differently. This is your group and your input is always welcome.
A Typical Session
| 9.15am ||The session opens and group members register and pay. Please sign up for a job. We all share in the running of the group.|
Play activities including books, home corner, puzzles, and construction toys. Also ‘messy play’, such as painting/ sticking, play dough, and sand/water.
A safe area is provided for babies with suitable activity mats and toys.
| 10.30am||Tidy up time – everyone is asked to help tidy up
the toys ready for snack time Children’s snack time – please
supervise your child closely. All children are to be seated before the
drinks/snacks are served.|
|10.45am||Physical play e.g. soft play, sit and ride toys and bikes or balls or parachute games.|
|11.00am|| Singing/music time – everyone is asked to join in and sit with their children.|
|11.15am||Notices and home time. |
Our Group Guidelines
- Parents/carers are responsible for their own children at all times during sessions.
- Look after, and encourage your children to look after, the hall and each other, and take care with drinks, buggies and belongings.
- St Mark’s Baby and Toddler Group is for parents/carers and their children under school age. Please do NOT bring older brothers and sisters, as they will NOT be covered under our insurance.
- Please do not attend if you or your child is ill.
- We ask that you do not bring any other food or sweets for your children in the session. Our snack time is social occasion when we all sit down together and sometimes try different foods as part of our programme.
- Please keep hot drinks out of the children’s reach on the kitchen hatchway.
- As members of Southampton Community Playlink this group is committed to a